The Wraparound process is used by our community to support children with complex needs and their families by developing individualized plans of care. The key characteristics of the process are that the plan is developed by a family centered team, is individualized based on the strengths and culture of the child and their family, and is needs rather than services driven. Services are provided by wraparound facilitators and a family support partner.
Wraparound Ten Principles
1. Family voice and choice. Family, youth/child perspectives are intentionally elicited and prioritized during all phases. Planning is grounded in family members’ perspectives, values and preferences.
2. Team based. The team consists of individuals agreed upon by the family and committed to them through informal, formal, and community support and service relationships.
3. Natural supports. The team actively seeks out and encourages the full participation of team members within family members’ natural networks of personal and community relationships.
4. Collaboration. Team members work cooperatively and share responsibility for developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating a Wraparound plan.
5. Community-based. Service and support strategies take place in the most inclusive, responsive, accessible, and least restrictive settings possible; and that safely promote child and family integration into home and community life.
6. Culturally competent. The process demonstrates respect for and builds on the values, preferences, beliefs, culture, and identity of the child/youth and family, and their community.
7. Individualized. The team develops and implements a customized set of strategies, supports, and services to achieve the plan goals.
8. Strengths based. The process and plan identify, build on, and enhance the capabilities, knowledge, skills, and assets of the child, family, community, and other team members.
9. Persistence. Despite possible challenges, the team persists in working toward the goals included in the plan until the team reaches agreement that a formal Wraparound process is no longer required.
10. Outcome based. The team ties the goals and strategies to indicators of success, monitors progress, and revises the plan accordingly.
For more Information please call CRP at 719-589-5255 and ask for:
Luis Alvarez MA, LPC – Wraparound Team Lead – Rio Grande and Saguache
Charlie Kuhns, BA Wraparound Coordinator – Alamosa
Teri Sisneros, Family Support Partner – Alamosa, Rio Grande and Saguache